Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAINED GLASS

3 posters

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Go down

STAINED GLASS Empty STAINED GLASS

Post by albino squirrel Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:23 pm

FINALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y9yFhqNSDr0
Stupid video won't embed.

Also I have trouble keeping up with all the updates.  Like I didn't know about stained clay, but apparently that's been a thing for a while.  I think I'm getting to the point where I prefer that they would just keep it simple.  All these new updates just seem to be adding bells and whistles that don't really matter.  Like it's nice to add horses, and it's nice to add stained glass, and it's nice to add dyed armor, and it's nice to add stained clay.  Those things don't really change the game though.  It's sort of pointless, there were mods that did those things months, if not years, ago.

The original gameplan for Minecraft was that the company would keep working on it unless it got to the point where there was nothing really substantial left to add, at which point they would release the source code for the game, and focus on providing official support for modders, instead of making the games themselves.  I like the idea, but sadly they don't appear to be following through on it.

Last edited by albino squirrel on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-01
Number of posts : 7956

Back to top Go down

STAINED GLASS Empty Re: STAINED GLASS

Post by Dartina Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Thank for posting! This is the first im hearing of the new update...you can really tell ive been paying attention to minecraft lately huh? lol. Also, reading your post without knowing the context right away made it seem really random and somewhat hilarious when I read "Like it's nice to add horses, and it's nice to add stained glass, and it's nice to add dyed armor." I guess it wasnt totally clear to me that this was a post in the minecraft forum..

I dont know what they could possibly add more to bring a new aspect of the game. I like all the new decorating stuff though. I didnt ever really use mods so its helpful for me haha. They should live up to what they said though. I'm sure people could come upwith some more great ideas
Dartina
Dartina
----------------------------

Female
Registration date : 2008-06-23
Number of posts : 8991

Back to top Go down

Post by albino squirrel Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Well it's not really an update yet, i'ts just a working version of the game that they're ready to call it an update.

I've never really used mods either, but I want a moon mod. Like if you get really far along in the game, you could try and get to the moon. And then the moon would be a whole new place where all the mobs are really tough, but if you do well, you can survive on the mood without having to go back to earth. I feel like there's a few mods like that already though.
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dartina Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:06 pm

That would be so cool! How would you get to the moon though? Like build a rocket or cheat and make the most gigantor block stack ever? I would have to cheat cus I dont do well with fancy stuff regarding redstone/power..
Dartina
Dartina

Female
Registration date : 2008-06-23
Number of posts : 8991

Back to top Go down

Post by albino squirrel Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Yeah I don't now about how you'd actually get to the moon, but a gigantic block stack might not be a bad idea....
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dottieandkerrissister Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:52 pm

If there was a way to get to the moon it'd probably be some type of portal or something haha. Theres actually a newer-ish mod called Galacticraft which allows you to go into space and on the moon. I didn't look into it too too much but it looks pretty cool . Heres a video showing it off and all if you want

dottieandkerrissister

Female
Registration date : 2010-09-14
Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum