Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diamonds

4 posters

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Go down

Diamonds Empty Diamonds

Post by Loki Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 am

Anyone have some easy sure way to find them? o3o
Loki
Loki

Male
Registration date : 2010-09-11
Number of posts : 5297

Back to top Go down

Diamonds Empty Re: Diamonds

Post by albino squirrel Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:35 am

Well let's see here, you have 2 real options. You can go caving, or you can strip mine. Caving is the riskier of the two, but I think on average gives you diamonds a little faster. It's also more fun that strip mining. Strip mining is slower and can be quite tedious, but if you do it right it's pretty safe and is a surefire way to get a LOT of diamonds, as well as other resources. Strip mining is also actually a smidgen easier on your graphics, if that's an issue with your computer.

If you're a smart player and don't easily fall into lava or get killed by mobs, I would recommend caving. It's more fun. Just watch out for the skeletons, they're nasty sonsaguns since the 1.5 update. Keep in mind that diamonds are only found below level 16.

The loot chest in one of my worlds that I did a LOT of strip mining on. I have another chest completely full of coal and redstone.
Diamonds 2013-03-25_00.32.16

Loot chest in a world where I mostly caved. There would be more diamonds here probably, but I used them frequently on making Awesome equipment.
Diamonds 2013-03-25_00.37.46
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-01
Number of posts : 7956

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:35 pm

albino squirrel wrote:Well let's see here, you have 2 real options. You can go caving, or you can strip mine. Caving is the riskier of the two, but I think on average gives you diamonds a little faster. It's also more fun that strip mining. Strip mining is slower and can be quite tedious, but if you do it right it's pretty safe and is a surefire way to get a LOT of diamonds, as well as other resources. Strip mining is also actually a smidgen easier on your graphics, if that's an issue with your computer.

If you're a smart player and don't easily fall into lava or get killed by mobs, I would recommend caving. It's more fun. Just watch out for the skeletons, they're nasty sonsaguns since the 1.5 update. Keep in mind that diamonds are only found below level 16.

The loot chest in one of my worlds that I did a LOT of strip mining on. I have another chest completely full of coal and redstone.
Diamonds 2013-03-25_00.32.16

Loot chest in a world where I mostly caved. There would be more diamonds here probably, but I used them frequently on making Awesome equipment.
Diamonds 2013-03-25_00.37.46
So to get started on my diamond collection I should strip mine then cave once i have superior armor again?
Loki
Loki

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by albino squirrel Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 pm

You could do that I suppose. I don't use diamond armor though actually. I just wear iron.
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

albino squirrel wrote:You could do that I suppose. I don't use diamond armor though actually. I just wear iron.
Not even in the nether? o3o
Loki
Loki

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 pm

if you don't hit anything and stay indoors in the nether, there's not that much to fight. cept the occasional blaze spawner. Then you're dead.

putting this here:
sc11.servercraft.co:19770
Max
Max

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-02
Number of posts : 7090

Back to top Go down

Post by dottieandkerrissister Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Always remember to bring a bed into the nether and sleep in it
The results are mind blowing!

dottieandkerrissister

Female
Registration date : 2010-09-14
Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by albino squirrel Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah what Max said. Although you have to go outside to find fortresses usually. The thing is I'm not a particularly skilled player when it comes to combat and fighting, so I don't trust myself with diamond armor in the Nether. As much as I like the extra protection, I'd hate more to risk losing 24 diamonds worth of stuff every time I died. Iron is very easy to find and is 2nd only to diamonds (except for gold, maybe?), so I use that.
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Permissions in this forum: