Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optifine Problems

2 posters

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Go down

Optifine Problems Empty Optifine Problems

Post by REXMinecraft Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm

So i was wondering if anyone has experience with optifine.... cus my minecraft water chunk doesn't update to show the water moving when it should... it is really weird and annoying... does anyone know why?
REXMinecraft
REXMinecraft

Male
Registration date : 2013-04-11
Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Optifine Problems Empty Re: Optifine Problems

Post by albino squirrel Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:16 am

I don't know anything about it, sorry. I barely even know what it does. It's supposed to improve your frame rate, I think.
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-01
Number of posts : 7956

Back to top Go down

Post by REXMinecraft Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:57 pm

albino squirrel wrote:I don't know anything about it, sorry. I barely even know what it does. It's supposed to improve your frame rate, I think.
yah i definetly does... but it also adds HD texture pack support... the only prob is that when i run it the water chunks don't refresh so i don't see water moving or stop moving...
REXMinecraft
REXMinecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by albino squirrel Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:17 pm

I do know the water and lava textures are treated differently in the coding than the regular textures, I think because they flow, I'm not sure. If your water isn't working it might be related to that. It seems like optifine is a popular enough mod that it wouldn't have a bug that major. Does the water not update at all or does it just not show the textures? The only advice I can give you is to reinstall minecraft/optifine if you haven't already.
albino squirrel
albino squirrel

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-01
Number of posts : 7956

Back to top Go down

Post by REXMinecraft Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 pm

albino squirrel wrote:I do know the water and lava textures are treated differently in the coding than the regular textures, I think because they flow, I'm not sure. If your water isn't working it might be related to that. It seems like optifine is a popular enough mod that it wouldn't have a bug that major. Does the water not update at all or does it just not show the textures? The only advice I can give you is to reinstall minecraft/optifine if you haven't already.
yah i've removed and reinstalled it a few times... i have seen someone with the same problem that does minecraft vids on youtube.... it shows the water... but when a block is broken next to it... or it is blocked the chunk doesn't update so it just stays there... quite annoying to me....
REXMinecraft
REXMinecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

Optifine Problems Empty GOOD NEWS!!

Post by REXMinecraft Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 pm

AS OF MINECRAFT 1.5.x OPTIFINE HAS CORRECTED THE WATER ERROR. PLEASE DISREGARD MY COMMENTS ON IT AS THEY ARE FOR MINECRAFT 1.4.7
REXMinecraft
REXMinecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Technology :: Gaming :: Minecraft

Permissions in this forum: